tirsdag 23. mars 2010

Style Diary : Gestapo boy and Bookworm girl getting a coffee together

Me and my buddy Einar went to Stockfleths coffe shop that had a shelve full of fresh apple juice, you could choose from 6 different types of apples. from Ringi farm. The girl behind the counter recommended one that had "hint of sours but with richness", as she explained it. Almost like wine! Love it!
In addition to have good hair, Einar is a really talented photographer. you can see his stuff here.
Im going for the bookworm style anno 2010: Bag from Adax, cashmere scarf bought in India (Jaipur) shoes and coat is 2nd hand from Oslo. This coat is made of baby sheep skin. The way they rip the skin of is very inhumane. This is not allowed to be practicing any more thank God. You might wonder why on earth I would still wear it. My thoughts on it is that this coat might be over 50 years old, they don't make them like that anymore. The worst thing to do is to throw it away, and contribute to even more pollution. And if by wearing it makes other people buy one too, I think its a good thing as long as it is 2nd hand. Thats my idea of cradle to cradle, but you might disagree.

Einar looks like the sweetest Gestapo I have ever seen :) Jacket bought in NY, hat is his dad old hat from 1960s, Bag is self made -redesigned from an old jacket, shoes are from H by Hudson.
After the coffee I bought some watercolor sheets and went to the gym. This is my favorite gym bag . I got for free at the Bjarne Melgaard art exebition last month.
Me at the gym, joining the ranks of mobile phone - pics - in the mirror: Cardigan from vintage store in Copenhagen, skirt from FLINGA, Lacoste shirt from vintage marked in Paris.

I usually only buy 2nd hand and vintage stuff. But if Im buying new clothes I try to get young designer stuff and sometimes Designer stuff. I think its far more ethical to spend alot of money on f.ex a quality bag that will last and support a small scale production, then to buy heaps of cheap clothes from H&M etc.
But no matter how much 2nd hand clothes I buy, fair trade or wild caught salmon I eat, I wont be able to compensate for the amount of CO2 I have contributed to just by traveling . Since last year I have been round trips from Norway to India, USA x 2, Thailand x 2, Paris x 3, Sweden, Denmark and Spain. I don't even want to start calculating how much CO2 that is, but by trying to stick with a sustainable consumption, I'm at least not making it even worse than it already is.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar