mandag 26. april 2010

Facing my feares

I am in Copenhagen at the moment, preparing for a presentation I will be having at an event called Petcha Kutcha. This event was first started by some Japanese architects that invited different people from different creative fields and has now spread to over 110 countries. The format makes it quite special. You are allowed to use 20 slides to present your thing with only 20 seconds per slide!! Its more challenging than you would think, haha.

Unfortunately I suffer from massive stage fright. I get breathing difficulties etc. which will be interesting in a combination with an audience of approx 500 people. I have no clue how I got this phobia. Its very "not me" to be afraid to talk. I love attending interesting forums and presentations and have no problem with participating by being in the audience and ask question. But when Im the one in the spotlight, something switches off in my brain and I become this pile of jelly.

When I got invited to Petcha Kutcha to do a presentation about FLINGA and third wave feminism I thought of this as a great opportunity to face my fears. And why stop there when I'm on a roll? I ended up contacting my old junior high school and asked them if they would be interested in me giving a lecture on Third Wave feminism. The world is such an ironic and wonderful place.


"Chance encounters are what keep us going."
Haruki Murakami (Kafka on the Shore)


Check out petcha kutcha here:
http://www.pecha-kucha.org/

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar