søndag 23. mai 2010

Post war zen


I realize as I'm writing this that this blog has become very personal to me and I was wondering for some time if I should change the title to Third Wave FeminiST instead of Feminism since Im obviously sharing my own personal point of view. After some thinkering I came to the conclusion that nothing is ever objective. Just think about it. All academic research which we base our moral belief systm on are usually written by one author. Not even science is objective since the scientist is the most important tool in the research. Whats great about blogs is that the opinions who are shared under one subject are subjective the - honest form of communication. As well as it gives the readers the opportunity to protest by engaging in a discussion.

So I thought Ide continue this post by telling something personal. Its been a loooong time since my last post. And I had my reasons. Among other things there were for example a war that broke loose in the country where my best friend and partner is making our next collection. Kind of surreal the whole thing. She witnessed people getting killed in front of her own eyes, half the city getting burned down and every time I was on the phone with her the only thing she was worried about was weather the collection would be done in time. Haha. This wonder woman is my hero. We often joke that she basically risked her life for this, I guess now that everything is ok, its a good story. Everything is back to normal over there now, thank God.

The pictures I posted is from a Norwegian fashion magazine called Vixen. There is an interview in it with us, but I havent gotten a hold on the magazine yet. Ill post it when I get it, but for now here is the prieview. The model is Lydia Hirst and the amazing styling is done by Norwegian stylist Storm Robert.

Interesting choice of illustration picture for this text hu? I guess Im just into optimism.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar